I also believe that the phrase Search engine Friendly Website means that designers, developers, programmers, and copywriters are following the rules set forth by the search engines. The people who create and maintain web search engines do not want to include and display web pages created purely to rank. Pages created purely for ranking purposes are called doorway pages, which are often software generated and/or cloaked.
The people who run search engines and web directories (also called human-based search engines) want to deliver their users to the most relevant sites as quickly as possible. That is the value of a search engine — delivering users to quality web sites with relevant information 4web website developing company in vadodara .
What Is SEO?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. The meaning of this is to optimize your website so that it is easier for search engines to find you and understand what your webpage is about.
Search Engine is a long term investment for your website. So that you don’t have to keep paying money for ads on Google, you will instead build traffic that organically comes to your website over a longer period of time.
Search engines provide free traffic to your website, and this traffic is targeted because people are searching for what you have to offer. You can’t get better than that!
How Does Search Engine (SEO) Work?
Go to your favorite search engine and type in a query. Notice how web pages appear. Which ones come to the top and why are they up the top? They are there because your search engine has determined that these webpages are the most relevant to your query.
How did they get to the top? This article will outline some techniques that you can do on your website to make it easier for the search engines to find your website, read your website, and bring it to the top of the search engine rankings.
Tips for Search Engine friendly navigation and functionality
- Discuss with the web design & development team the project specifications. Focus on the feasibility of the design and have this information in mind before creating the website.
- Group the content by relevance and use descriptive menu items to help users find easily the information that they are looking for.
- Use text links in footer to support navigation. Text links are very useful both for the users and for the search engines.
- Use breadcrumb navigation to allow users keep track of their location within your website and help search engines understand your website structure.
- Consider each page as a landing page providing all the information to the user and inform him where he is and what to see next.
- Place the logo, the primary message and the navigation above the fold. It is highly recommended to give the best possible first impression to the user.
- Don’t change the template of your website in every category. It makes the navigation in your website more difficult for the average user.
- Avoid horizontal scroll, it is not user friendly.
- A time consuming loading website is a reason for higher bounce rate and lower rankings. Google has clearly stated that page loading speed is a ranking signal.
- Get familiar with Google webmaster guidelines as it consists of useful tips for better user experience.
- Avoid Pop ups- and unnecessary use of blurring images as they are annoying for most users.
- Too long text and/or excessive use of keywords is not a user friendly practice. On the other hand, it can seriously harm the rankings of the page and the image of your brand. That is why in order to avoid such problems you should use the Keyword Analyzer tool and pay attention to the Possible Spam signal in the Keyword Analysis segment.
- Make use of html heading elements (H1 – H6) to include descriptive headlines and take advantage of their importance for the search engines.
- Make proper use of relevant images in gif, jpg, or png formats that allow alt text support the online visibility efforts.
- If you want your text to be crawled and indexed, don’t add it within images or flash elements.
Web Design and Marketing Elements
- Use clear call to action to ask users to proceed on conversion. You can read more about this in the article “6 Tips for effective call to action”.
- Make it as simple as possible for the user to understand the process of the conversion.
- Add value to your website by featuring engaging content that enables users to interact, comment or share.
- Make the content shareable by incorporating in your design the social media buttons.
- Use appealing and descriptive images.
- Always perform a cross culture check for multinational websites. Don`t forget that the menu, in some languages, requires more space than it does in English. Have this in mind before creating the design.
- Make sure you reserve space for ad banners and don’t forget to use the Standard ad sizes.
- Use suggestion plugins to provide options to the user and help him visit pages with relevant information.
- An attractive and user friendly design is more likely to attract links, to rank better, to reduce bounce rate and to increase the average time on site.
Technical aspects of Search Engine (SEO) friendly Website
- Avoid using flash for navigation.
- Make sure that the design fits to the standard screen resolution. Typically you should design the websites for 1024×768 screens. Also you can use your Google Analytics statistics to see what screen resolution is used by most of your visitors.
- Test various browsers to ensure the proper rendering of your design and make your site cross browser.
- Deactivate flash and other plugins to see the content as a search spider does. Alternatively you can use the Spider View feature of the Web SEO Analysis tool.