Now the last few years, social media marketing has become an integral process in every business promotion strategy. Social Media Resolution to win in Future,Since big companies, to medium and even small businesses invest in social media marketing.
But are they all doing it right? For a lot of people, the concept of social media marketing is limited to creating a Facebook page and a twitter handle and making their business visible on these platforms. Eventually, such companies fade away from the face of social media networks and do not benefit much from this marketing strategy.
If you want to realize the actual power of social media marketing, you have to do things a little differently. It can no longer be an ‘after-thought’ marketing strategy. The year 2014 has seen tremendous growth in social media marketing and it is a good enough indicator that, social media will gain even more importance in 2015.
So many of us are making resolutions for the new year so why not carry it over and make some resolutions in regards to your social media sites. It’s a great time to clean up your laptop, tablet and your cell phones too! Not only should we clean up these sites but what better time to take on a new attitude about social media. Many of us communicate frequently to family, friends and clients through Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn. So let’s check out the do’s and don’ts of posts. I have compiled a list of 5 resolutions that might be helpful to you in the New Year.
- Delete or download those mobile apps that you hardly ever use or that you’ve been meaning to add to your phone. Recently, I came across an app that I love. It’s called Waze. It’s a community based traffic and navigation app. Join others drivers who share real time traffic and road info.
- Keep up with your LinkedIn connections! LinkedIn is such a great place to connect with other professionals in your field or reach out to connect with friends professionally. You may find out about a new job opening through your contacts!
- Keep it light and friendly! Post some fun family pics or reminisce about the good old days. The last thing anyone wants to hear is negative ranting about your job on a daily basis. It doesn’t mean that if you’re having a bad day that you can’t reach out to friends for support but don’t let it become a sounding board. Remember, some employers check these sites before hiring and some landlords may take a look at it before renting to you.
- Cleaning, cleaning, and cleaning! Whether it’s deleting old accounts, updating software or reorganizing your desktop, now is the time to make this happen. On a cold January night snuggle up with your laptop and a hot cocoa and check this off your “to do” list.
- Lastly, research some new social media platforms. Houzz.com is a web site and online community about architecture, interior design and decorating, landscape design and home improvement. This is a great site for me personally and professionally.